Amazon Deals – How to Get Them
Amazon certainly has some great deals and more and more people are going the way of ordering items online whether for gifts, necessities or simply a treat for themselves. The following information will help you to get the most out of Amazon Canada and enhance your savings and shopping experience.
- Amazon charges shipping by default, you will need to pick the “FREE Super Saver Shipping” option right before the confirmation page, to get free shipping.
- Shipping is only free if you purchase $35 worth of products from Amazon (not a third party seller). It must say ” & FREE Shipping. Details” after the price.
- In some cases you will need to add another item as a filler to get to $35 so you can get free shipping.
- Some third party sellers offer free shipping and those items can count towards your $35.
Amazon generally estimates the worst case scenario with shipping times in our opinion. You will get your items well before the estimated shipping times in most cases. If you have encountered a longer shipping time than estimated, please contact customer service. They are generally quite happy to accommodate their customer base and will do whatever they can to please you.
The item I want says No Longer In Stock:
Flash or Lightening Deal:
Amazon has specials for a very limited stock/time. The deals last as long as the stock lasts or for a limited amount of time, usually less than 24 hours. You will see a bar with the percentage of the available items already sold. Some of the lightning deals are such good deals they last only minutes. You can only purchase one lightning deal item per Amazon account. If you would like another one, you will need to open another Amazon account for another family member.
No Hidden/Unexpected Fees:
The deals posted on our site are from Amazon.ca. It is based in Canada, the warehouse is in Canada, and your item will ship from Canada. There are no brokerage fees, no customs fees, and no last minute fees of any kind.
Price Mistakes/Cancelled Orders:
Amazon can cancel any order at any time. Sometimes we post deals that have a price mistake and your order will be cancelled. If this happens, simply call customer service and explain the situation. Many times they will give you some kind of credit on your account for the hassle. You won’t get the item at the mistaken price but you may end up with a $10 or $5 credit towards your next purchase from Amazon (not a third party seller).
A few tidbits of Amazon Info:
- Amazon only charges you the moment the item gets shipped.
- If the price of an item drops lower than you paid for it, within seven days from the delivery date, just contact amazon to request a price adjustment and get a refund for the difference.
- If you need to return a product, just find your order by clicking “my account” and “my orders”, then click on “return”, specify the problem you had with your item and you will be able to print a free shipping label back to Amazon. Bring your packaged item with your free shipping label to any Canada post location. Shipping back to Amazon will cost you nothing as long as it is within the 30 days from the shipping date.
About Amazon Prime:
Amazon allows you a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime *excluding Quebec residents*. After your free trial, Amazon Prime is $79.00/year plus tax. You can cancel anytime. *Quebec residents get a 13-month membership for $79.00/year plus tax*.
- You can try it free for 30 days and cancel it, even right away, and still get your 30 days.
- You will enjoy unlimited, FREE Two-Day Shipping, for the duration of the membership or trial with Amazon Prime with no min purchase to get free shipping.
- You will be able to get any deal & free shipping no matter what the cost of shipping says it is.
- No more $35 minimum order to qualify.
- This applies only to items sold by Amazon and not to a third party sellers.
- You get free Amazon Cloud, unlimited photo storage.
- You will be able to take advantage of Lightning Deals before the general public.
- You will be able to take advantage of Amazon prime day (shopping event each year in July).
- The deals are only available to Prime members and many of the deals are comparable if not better than Black Friday deals and Boxing Day deals.
- If you already got a a 30 day trial of Amazon prime, you can get it again, as long as you did not have prime in the last 12 months…
- Please don’t forget, each of your family/household members can get this 30 day trial…